Tower Climbing and Rescue TrainingRIIWHS204D, PUAEME001B, PUAFIR201B, PUASAR022A
Successful participants will receive a statement of attainment for Tower Climbing and Rescue training which is nationally recognised under the Australian qualifications framework. This statement is issued by Promed International (RTO 40705)
- RIIWHS204D - Work Safely at Heights
- PUAEME001B - Provide Emergency Care
- PUAFIR215 - Prevent Injury
- PUASAR022A - Participate in a Rescue Operation
This course is designed to enable trainees to work effectively on towers. Training is focused on real life situations and is customised to suit your particular work situation. This course is suitable for anyone who has the requirement to access towers or poles of any kind within their work.
RIIWHS204D - Work Safely at Heights
It is a legal requirement for a company/individual to have an effective rescue plan in place for any work that is carried out at height where a fall is possible. This unit covers the competency required for safety whilst working at heights.
Participants will receive training focused not only on fall prevention but will be given confidence in their knowledge and skills to work safely in any situation where height is involved.
This unit of the course covers Legislation, Regulations and Australian Standards, Planning the Task and Risk assessment, Hazard Control, Selection and correct use of suitable fall restraint equipment, Fall arrest systems, selecting suitable anchor points, safe and correct use of ladders, cleaning up the work area.
￼PUAEME001B - Provide Emergency Care
This unit covers the competency required to provide emergency care pending the arrival of appropriately qualified personnel.
Training included in this unit includes - Initial assessment made of nature and extent of emergency care required, Initial assessment is communicated to appropriate personnel, maintenance of hygiene for protection of self and casualty, monitoring of casualty’s vital signs, monitoring and reporting of casualty’s condition, assisting members of other emergency services, recovering, cleaning, testing, re-storing of medical equipment, completing documentation.
PUAFIR215 - Prevent Injury
This unit covers the competency required to identify, avoid, evaluate and review workplace hazards and risks, management of personal safety, health and welfare in accordance with work place policies and to report identified issues to supervisors and team members.
Training in this unit includes - following procedures and practises to identify hazards and risks in the workplace, selecting appropriate personal protective clothing and equipment, monitoring a situation to ensure the continued effectiveness of the hazard and risk control procedures, participation in activities and de-briefings regarding hazards and risk control procedures.
PUASAR022A - Participate in a Rescue Operation
This unit covers the competency required to participate in rescue operations as a member of a rescue team.
Participants will receive training in rescue operation, identifying and selecting rescue equipment, selecting personal protective equipment, anticipating hazards and associated risks, communication with other team members, safe removal and extrication of casualties using appropriate equipment, monitoring of incident scene, hygiene precautions, recovery, cleaning and maintenance of equipment, identifying signs and symptoms of operational stress in self and others, participating in operational debriefings and competition of operational documentation.
- Identify work requirements, procedures and instructions.
- Access and install equipment
- Perform work at heights safely
- Clean up work area
- Identify workplace hazards and risks, and advise others
- Implement hazard and risk control procedures
- Monitor effectiveness of hazard and risk control procedures
- Identify need for emergency care
- Personal safety of carer and casualty and reassure casualty
- Assess casualty and implement emergency care procedures
- Work cooperatively with personnel from other organisations
- Recover and restore first aid equipment
- Complete documentation
- Prepare and respond to rescue
- Contribute to a risk assessment at the scene
- Perform rescue
- Conclude rescue operations
- For group or corporate bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote
- Tailored training conducted by experienced height safety specialists who have extensive knowledge of current and relevant legislation and Australian Standards for working at height.
- All course material
- All equipment required for you to undertake training, however, we encourage you to bring along your own where possible.
- Assessment and recommendations for specialised PPE and equipment for your workplace requirements.
- Significant time allowed for practical hands on training
- Closed in footwear and appropriate comfortable clothing for practical training.
- Lunch and refreshments