- Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- Provide First Aid
- Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in Education and Care Setting
- Provide First Aid in Remote Situations
- Provide Advanced First Aid
- Provide Advanced Resuscitation
- Manage First Aid Services and Resources
- Occupational First Aid Training
Provide First Aid in Remote SituationsHLTAID005
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to Provide First Aid in Remote Situations in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
Successful participants will receive a certificate of competency in being able to ‘Provide First Aid in Remote Situations’
- HLTAID005 - Provide Advanced First Aid
Our course is conducted by highly experienced instructors who will equip the participant with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response and emergency life support to a casualty in a remote and/or isolated situation.
This course applies to workers who may be required to prepare for and provide a first aid response in locations beyond the reach of timely medical assistance.
- Recognise, and respond to, a remote medical emergency situation
- Identify, assess and manage immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for First Aid response
- Assess the situation and evaluate options for medical assistance
- Evaluate options for transporting the casualty or waiting for medical assistance in relation to environmental issues, risks, transport availability and casualty condition.
- Provide First Aid in accordance with established first aid principles.
- Monitor the casualty’s condition
- Manage the incident and seek assistance from others present
- Establish communication links with emergency services and convey incident details
- Assist in the evacuation of the casualty
- Evaluate the incident and recognise possible psychological impacts on self and others
- Participate in debriefing
- For group courses and corporate bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote
All course material
- Comfortable clothing - NOTE: Due to the practical aspect of performing CPR, Females participating in this course may feel more comfortable wearing trousers.
- Lunch and Refreshments