- Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- Provide First Aid
- Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in Education and Care Setting
- Provide First Aid in Remote Situations
- Provide Advanced First Aid
- Provide Advanced Resuscitation
- Manage First Aid Services and Resources
- Occupational First Aid Training
Provide Advanced First AidHLTAID006
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to Provide Advanced First Aid in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
Successful participants will receive a certificate of competency in being able to ‘Provide Advanced First Aid’
- HLTAID006 - Provide Advanced First Aid
This more in-depth First Aid training course is a step up from our basic course and will teach participants the skills and knowledge required to provide Advanced First Aid response to a casualty, along with managing the incident and other first aiders in a vast range of situations, until the arrival of medical services or other assistance. This course is beneficial for all workers, volunteers and personnel who may find themselves in a situation where First Aid may be required in the community or workplace.
This course deals with the provision of advanced first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance, and provision of support to other providers.
- Recognise, and respond to, a medical emergency situation
- Identify, assess and manage immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for First Aid response
- Seek assistance from emergency services
- Coordinate first aid activities until the arrival of medical services
- Apply appropriate First Aid procedures
- Convey details of incident to emergency services and in line with organisational policies
- Evaluate the incident and recognise possible psychological impacts on self and others
- Participate in debriefing
- For group courses and corporate bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote
All course material
- Comfortable clothing - NOTE: Due to the practical aspect of performing CPR, Females participating in this course may feel more comfortable wearing trousers.
- Lunch and Refreshments