- Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- Provide First Aid
- Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in Education and Care Setting
- Provide First Aid in Remote Situations
- Provide Advanced First Aid
- Provide Advanced Resuscitation
- Manage First Aid Services and Resources
- Occupational First Aid Training
Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in Education and Care SettingHLTAID004
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in Education and Care Setting in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
Successful participants will receive a certificate of competency in being able to ‘Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in Education and Care Setting ’
- HLTAID004 - Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in Education and Care Setting
Our highly experienced instructors will conduct this course ensuring participants have the skills, knowledge and confidence to provide advanced resuscitation using specialised equipment.
This course applies to workers, personnel and volunteers who may be required to use specialised equipment to provide resuscitation in a vast range of complex situations, including community and work place environments.
- Recognise and respond to an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and manage immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for first aid response
- Assess the situation and seek assistance from emergency response services
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles and perform CPR if applicable
- Obtain consent from casualty, caregiver, registered medical practitioner or medical emergency services where possible
- Ensure casualty feels, safe, secure and supported
- Monitor casualty’s condition and respond appropriately
- Accurately convey details of incident to emergency response services
- Evaluate the incident and recognise possible psychological impacts on self, other rescuers and children
- Talk with children about their emotions and responses to events
- Participate in debriefing with supervisor
- For group courses and corporate bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote
All course material
- Comfortable clothing - NOTE: Due to the practical aspect of performing CPR, Females participating in this course may feel more comfortable wearing trousers.
- Lunch and Refreshments