Advanced Life Support
Promed Australia will soon be offering Advanced Life Support (1 day) courses in South East Queensland! - General Practitioners, GP Registrars, Rural and Remote Health Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Paramedics, Health and Safety workers - contact us to express your interest.
Aim is to train healthcare personnel in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, simple airway management and safe defibrillation.
One-day course face-to-face component with supporting manual.
Practical workshops and simulations Course material uses current ARC/NZRC guidelines Co-badged with the Resuscitation Council of the UK with certification recognised in UK, New Zealand and Europe.
Accredited with professional colleges
Registered ARC Instructors Course includes:
- Causes and prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest
- Systematic patient assessment using the ABCDE approach
- The ALS algorithm and initial resuscitation
- Manual and/or AED Mode Defibrillation techniques
- Airway management using various techniques and adjuncts (inc. Oropharyngeal/ optional - Laryngeal Mask Airway)
- Participation as a member of the Medical Emergency Team
- Key clinical skills assessed continuously over the course