Event Medical Services
By law and moral obligation, organisers of an event need to ensure the safety and acute health needs of people participating and attending their event are cared for.
Event organisers are required to ensure people attending and impacted by their event are safe and that the event venue is secure. This requirement includes staff, participants, spectators, staff, volunteers, officials, media and the general public.
By having effective medical services at your event, you can ensure people get immediate medical attention should they need it.
Promed International is able to provide clients with high quality medical, first aid and ambulance services for any event.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements or to arrange a consultation.
Tips for event organisers from an EMS perspective
- In an environment of limited health care resources, the sooner a patient is treated, the better their chance of recovery. We resource to a high standard.
- Medical services should be provided for the entire event, including the installation and breakdown of the event if this is a large scale or dangerous operation.
- Medical services may also be needed for attendees queuing to get in and out of the event.
- If the event is a multi-day festival with attendees camping overnight, you may need around-the-clock medical services.
- Locate first aid/medical teams carefully, so that emergency response times are minimised.
- Provide information about the location of medical facilities to attendees. Use signs and print the information on programmes or tickets.
- Stewards and all other event personnel should know where the medical services are located.
- Ambulances and other emergency vehicles need to have clear access in and out of the venue, in case casualties need to be transported.
- At events with large crowds or difficult access, medics on foot, mountain bikes, motorcycles or ATV may be required.