Drug and Alcohol Testing Accredited TrainingHLTPAT304D
Successful participants will receive a statement of attainment for ‘Collect pathology specimens other than blood’ which is nationally recognised under the Australian Qualification Framework.
This statement is issued by Promed International (RTO 40705)
- HLTPAT304D - Collect pathology specimens other than blood
- Urine sample collection and testing (AS/NZS 4308:2008);
- Oral fluid (saliva) sample collection and testing (AS 4760:2006);
- Breathalyser operation (AS 3547)
Promed International specialises in delivering an accredited Authorised Collector : Drug and Alcohol Specimen Collection training course which includes: urine sample collection and testing, oral fluid (saliva) sample collection and testing and breathalyser operation.
It is a requirement for companies collecting urine or oral fluid samples who wish to meet Australian Standards to have their collectors trained as per the definition of collector under AS/NZS4308:2008 and AS4760:2006.
This course is delivered by Expert Industry Experienced trainers and is designed for people who would like to become accredited to perform workplace drug and alcohol testing.
Participants will learn the theory and practical elements of carrying out a range of workplace drug and alcohol testing and also the related record-keeping requirements of performing these duties. On successful completion of this course, participants will have the skills and knowledge required to follow procedures for collection of pathology specimens other than blood.
Employment pathways could include drug and alcohol testing at mine sites, large industrial sites, transport depots, medical centres and other workplaces or environments where the need for drug and alcohol screening has been identified as a Occupational Health and Safety requirement.
- Detailed overview of Drug and Alcohol Collection and Testing
- Best practice principles to ensure privacy and confidentiality
- Safety, Duty of Care, and Risk Management
- Plan and perform appropriate collection and testing activities
- Plan and perform breath alcohol specimen collection for onsite alcohol testing
- Plan and perform urine specimen collection for onsite drug testing
- Plan and perform oral fluid (saliva) specimen collection for onsite drug testing
- Respectful communication about testing activities and outcomes
- Respond effectively to testing challenges including non-negative test results
- Theory and practical assessments
- Record keeping requirements for Drug and Alcohol collection and testing
1 day - Allow 8 hours
POA - Please call or email for the latest pricing.
All course material
- Lunch and refreshments