Successful participants will receive a statement of attainment for Fire Warden training which is nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications framework.
- PUAWER005B - Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
This unit places responsibility on individual employees who are delegated responsibility as part of an emergency control organisation to participate in the preparation of workplace emergency procedures; alert and report potential workplace emergencies; evaluate the need to evacuate a work area; prepare for an evacuation; and assist people who may require assistance in accordance with workplace emergency procedures.
Our course will provide participants with the confidence, knowledge and practical skills to effectively manage building emergencies. Participants will learn to recognise and manage the human behaviour characteristics which may surface during the high-stress times encountered in an emergency. The course includes a balanced content of theory and class participation through open discussion and practical application.
The knowledge and skills gained through the completion of this unit may be applied by employees across all industries.
- Discuss evacuation and assembly principles and procedures
- Discuss fire, bomb threat and other emergencies and their effect on the workplace
- Identify the workplace firebird and fire equipment location(s)
- Demonstrate the correct method of fighting a fire
- Demonstrate knowledge of workplace evacuation procedures
- Respond to emergency reports, signals and warnings and take appropriate action
- Assess emergency situation and possible further development
- Initiate and control initial emergency response
- Check evacuated areas and report results of evacuation to the relevant person
- Anticipate and assess for further development of emergencies and take appropriate action
- Assist with post initial response under the control of the relevant person
- For group courses and corporate bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote
All course material
- Comfortable appropriate clothing and enclosed footwear
- Lunch and refreshments