Occupational First AidHLTSS00027
This skill set provides a set of skills to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in a workplace environment, including the skills to provide an emergency first aid response in the event of an emergency.
- HLTAID006 - Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID007 - Provide Advanced Resuscitation
- HLTAID008 - Manage First Aid Services and Resources
This course combines 3 individual units as shown above to provide the participant with a skill set and would be appropriate for people who are either employed in, or intending to become employed in, nominated occupational first aider roles.
This skill set meet industry requirements to perform the role and responsibilities required of an occupational first aider.
- Recognise, and respond to, a medical emergency situation
- Identify, assess and manage immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for First Aid response
- Seek assistance from emergency services
- Apply appropriate First Aid
- Perform advanced resuscitation and provide supplemental oxygen
- Monitor casualty’s condition
- Accurately convey details of incident to emergency service response services
- Evaluate the incident and recognise possible psychological impacts on self and others
- Determine workplace first aid requirements
- Identify workplace hazards and assess associated risks as a basis for determining first aid resource requirements
- Develop first aid action plans in consultation with relevant parties
- Establish and maintain workplace first aid facilities and maintain workplace first aid records
- Conduct regular inspections of stock and equipment to ensure currency and operational readiness in line with workplace requirements
- Ensure documentation is completed as required according to legislation and workplace procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Review the provision of First Aid in the workplace
- Participate in debriefing/evaluation to improve future operations and address individual needs
- Evaluate management of workplace first aid incidents
- Contribute to the review of workplace policies and procedures in accordance with risk assessment and evaluation of first aid provision
- For group courses and corporate bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote
All course material
- Comfortable clothing - NOTE: Due to the practical aspect of performing CPR, Females participating in this course may feel more comfortable wearing trousers.
- Lunch and Refreshments